Legal Services & Expertise
Globalisation in sports means there are more and more disputes between stakeholders and legal situations are becoming increasingly complex.
To minimise the risks to which you can be exposed – both locally and internationally – it's important to know you can rely on highly qualified legal assistance.
The team of sports lawyers at monteneri sports law in Switzerland have years of experience successfully addressing the specific legal needs of clients in the international sporting world.
Our sports and football-related legal services can be broken down into two main areas: legal advice and dispute resolution.
- Drafting and review of contracts in the following fields:
- labour law
- transfer of players
- image rights
- agents activity
- audio-visual rights
- Drafting of expert opinions
- Drafting of statutes and regulations for federations and confederations
- Advice and defence of athletes before the anti-doping bodies of national and international sports federations and the Court of Arbitration for Sport
- General legal advice, mostly regarding:
- training compensation and solidarity contribution
- specific contractual situations
- UEFA Financial Fair Play
- licensing matters at national and UEFA level
We represent our clients in arbitration procedures and before sports federation bodies such as:
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport (TAS/CAS)
- FIFA Player's Status Committee and Dispute Resolution Chamber
- FIFA Disciplinary Committee
- UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body
- Ad hoc arbitration tribunals
When it comes to football-related legal matters, monteneri sports law is regarded as one of the world's leading experts.
This is mainly due to the extensive experience in football law of our Managing Director Gianpaolo Monteneri, who worked in a leading position at FIFA for over eight years before starting monteneri sports law.
He has participated in hundreds of procedures before international sports and football courts and committees. For more details, see About Us.
We provide legal advice to a diverse range of sports-related clients, including:
- Football players
- Professional leagues
- Sports agencies and agents
- Marketing companies
- Any other party with a sports-related legal issue
Need legal assistance? We can help
Please contact us if you require professional legal assistance in a football or other sports-related matter.